Industry Deep Dive - Fast Moving Consumer GoodsDownload
- The FMCG sector is one of the front runners and has been contributing immensely to the growth of the economy and the GDP. According to CRISIL, the FMCG sector is expected to rise by double digits to 10 -12% in the financial year (FY) 2022 from 5 - 6% in FY 2021.
- Sustainability has become mainstream. Companies are setting new targets and goals by integrating each aspect of ESG. It now has an impact on the bottom line, opens up new stakeholder ties, and attracts top talent.
- The demand growth has been attributed to two major reasons: favourable demographics (people under the age group of 60 years and an increasing number of people in the working population segment) and rapid urbanisation. Modern consumers (Millennials and Gen Z) are becoming more aware than ever before. They are demanding openness in terms of sustainability.
Industry Deep Dive: Logistics And Supply ChainDownload
- Logistics sector contributes 14.4% to the GDP in India and with an increase in global trade along with ease in trade and tariff rules, the contribution to GDP is expected to grow substantially.
- The climate risks associated with the sector pertaining to the CO2 emissions from freight transportation (road, aviation, maritime shipping, and transport of oil and gas, water, stream, and other substances through the pipeline).
- Cost-Benefit analysis of climate action strategy calls to incorporate Marginal Abatement Cost (MAC) in operations cost. It calculates the cost or savings from varied operations from an entity against the predicted volume of emissions that could be reduced. It uses a metric of dollars per tonne of CO2.
Industry Deep Dive: Real Estate and InfrastructureDownload
- The real estate sector is responsible for 30-40% of global energy consumption and about 20% of GHG emissions from residential and commercial buildings
- India's carbon pricing score is as low as 2% compared to Netherlands' 89%, as of 2018
- The real estate sector in India is gradually moving toward following IGBC guidelines to construct climate-friendly buildings
A complete guide to ESG program managementDownload
- ESG is not a one-time project but a long-term journey, which is laden with steps that require stakeholder buy-in, budget considerations and alignment with corporate strategy
- Through this whitepaper, we walk you through the various steps of the journey of inculcating ESG into your company's business strategy
- We also outline some ways in which you can maximise your impact while minimizing your costs
BRSR Handbook By OrenDownload
- Financial year 2022-23 onwards, SEBI has made it mandatory for the top 1000 listed companies to report on their sustainability by submitting a BRSR or Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report annually.
- Through this whitepaper, we start with the ESG landscape in India and dive into how BRSR fits right into it.
- We've also created a journey map to help businesses get started on this path.